About Fred's Place
Fred’s Place offers spacious, sunny, fully self-contained accommodation for short or long term stays. This two storey home has stunning views of the iconic ‘Nut’, the historic township of Stanley, ‘Sawyer Bay’ and the rolling Green Hills. Unlike most accommodation places in Stanley, which are situated at the base of the Nut, Fred’s Place allows you to view the ancient volcanic formation and township entirely.
Making your stay comfortable and relaxing is our first priority, and Fred’s Place is fitted out with everything you will need – and more. Usually described as a home away from home, you are assured of an enjoyable stay whether it be short or long term. Please note however there are two flights of stairs containing 15 steps.
- Three large bedrooms – can sleep 7: 2 x queen, 1 x double & 1 x single.
- Kitchen – Full sized beautiful myrtle kitchen: fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, frypan, wok, crockery and cutlery.
- Laundry facilities – washing machine, clothes dryer plus an outside line.
- Large bathroom - shower and bath; towels are provided.
- Heating for any chilly days – electric heating including reverse cycle heat pump and electric blankets.
- Entertainment when all you want to do is sit for a while - Flatscreen TV/DVD and CD Player; iPod dock
- Expansive off street parking and lawn area
- Close proximity to boutique shops and galleries, beaches, BBQ Parks, the Stanley golf course and local eateries
- Non smoking
- No pets
- Historic Highfield House, Joe Lyons Cottage and the Discovery Museum.
- Seaquarium and Seal Cruises.
- Chairlift or Walk the track to the summit of the Nut and follow the track.
- Explore the local beaches and walking trails including the heritage walk.
- Enjoy a game of golf on Stanley’s nine hole immaculate course.
- Tarkine Drive including to the ‘Edge of the World’.
- Experience the slide at Tarkine Forest Adventures.
- Falls located at Mawbanna and ‘the big tree’.
- Cruise the Arthur River
- Tour the historic property ‘Woolnorth’ and the coast line at Cape Grim - location of the cleanest air
- Allendale Gardens and much more
From the Guest Book
“Home away from home. Came for one night, stayed for three.” - Pat and Stan, NSW
“A warm and comfortable place to stay. Excellent views and a homely feel.” - Tanya and Bill, Tasmania
“Fantastic accommodation with views, enjoyed the stay.” - Deidre and Noel, Queensland
“Thankyou for your hospitality; great, clean and beautiful place.” - Sharma Family, Sydney
“We stumbled upon a gem and enjoyed 4 lovely days at Fred’s Place. Very spacious, very comfortable, great views." - Helmut and Franziska, Germany
“What a fantastic spot; great house, great location and very much home away from home.” - Garry, Kim and Family, Launceston
“Excellent accommodation with very friendly hospitality and welcome.” - Ann and Michael, London
“Great place, great hospitality. Everything you need for a good holiday.” - Bev & Maurice, Sydney
“Thanks very much for the home away from home stay. Great to spread out and enjoy the fantastic 360 degree views. A well appointed house for travelling visitors." - Owen, Kerry and Family, WA